In this episode, Esmie and Allison discuss:
- What burnout is and how it affects you.
- The importance of taking care of yourself to prevent burnout.
- Stress response in relation to the gut and how microorganisms help your body.
- Occupational violence in the emergency room.
- Codependency in the nursing field.
- About 1/20 highly engaged professionals experience burnout.
- Changing what you drink can benefit your body.
- Noise level over 70 decibels triggers the sympathetic nervous system.
- Our anxiety increases exponentially with our increased use of technology.
- You are inherently valuable just as you are.
Stress is contagious. “There’s a contagious sort of element to our stress. Without us even realizing it, we are realizing the hormones to our coworkers and patients, that is letting them know we’re stressed, even if we’re not registering it at a conscious level ourselves.” — Allison Shuttleworth
Connect with Allison Shuttleworth
Esmie’s New book, How To Embrace Challenges: Step Into Your Power: https://esmielawrence.com/books-by-esmie/
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Did you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode. https://apple.co/2Xk75Or PS. It’s important to disclose that many of the links on the esmielawrence.com website are affiliate links. Which means that if you choose to make a purchase that I will earn a small commission. Which allows me to continue hosting the blog and website. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Rest assured that the commission does not affect which items are listed on my website. Thank you for your support.
Show Notes by Podcastologist/Show Producer: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/16306049/height/360/theme/standard/thumbnail/no/direction/forward/” width=”100%” height=”360″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”bottom” use_download_link=”” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/sprintingtosuccess/STS_Allison_Shuttleworth.mp3″ theme=”standard” custom_color=”” libsyn_item_id=”16306049″ /]
Thank you both for this! I really enjoyed hearing this informative and healthful conversation! Well done!