In this Episode, Esmie and Alka Discuss:
- Challenges Alka faced as a child with being bullied, fitting in, weight loss and other physical concerns.
- Overcoming childhood challenges as a teen by working out.
- Struggles during adult life (bonding with family, entrepreneurship, client retention
- How Alka makes herself feel good with affirmations and her passion for dancing.
- Gaining confidence by doing your best at things you love.
- Her passion for dancing, opening her boutique lifestyle fitness studio in Toronto. (Teaching aerial yoga, Zumba, helping individuals meet personal fitness goals and more.)
- How you can gradually work your way to success.
- Challenges were made to be overcome so you can be stronger.
- Don’t worry too much about fitting in. Just be yourself and be a good person.
- Haters may hate you, but they take the time to see what you’re doing; they are your audience.
- Do things to make yourself happy.
- Change comes when you put in work!
- Working out improves not just your body shape but also your skin.
“Having the passion for what you love, whether it’s your recreation, whether it’s dance, or in your workouts, is when you love and you’re having fun.” –Alka Sharma
Alka sharma. Is making waves in the Fitness world with her unique style and drive for a healthy lifestyle. Her three passions include dance, kickboxing, and helping individuals reach their full potential by nurturing them to be passionate about health and fitness.
PS. It’s important to disclose that many of the links on the esmielawrence.com website are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission, which allows me to continue hosting the blog and website. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Rest assured that the commission does not affect which items are listed on my website. Thank you for your support
Show notes by Esmie Lawrence. Audio production by Brian Calkins Podcast Mechanic