Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.– A quotation that was written by Martin Luther King Jr. from his book Strength to Love published in 1963 which is a collection of sermons that he have.
Last January 21, we celebrated the National Holiday of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. who is remembered for his non-violent protest against segregation and his speech “I Have a Dream”. A Nobel Peace Prize winner, a Baptist Minister, and an Activist who became the most visible spokesperson and leader in the the civil rights movement from 1954 until his assassination in 1968. One of the most quoted man of all, we’ve gathered his 10 Famous Quotes and shared here on this blog.
1. “Free at last, free at last, Thank God we are free at last”.
2. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
3. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
4. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
5. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?”
6. “The time is always right to do what is right.”
7. “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
8. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
9. “Lightning makes no sound until it strikes”
10. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy to a friend.”