Click here to download the Episode!
In this episode, Esmie and Perry Maughmer discuss:
- How Perry learned to become self-sufficient at a young age.
- He took care of his sister with cerebral palsy and growing up in a small town.
- Challenges of his adulthood: Job stability, fitting in, and showing empathy.
- The qualities of a good leader: Humility, emotional awareness, stewardship, showing others love and care.
- Challenges leaders must overcome: difficult conversations, controlling emotions, showing empathy and compassion.
- How great leaders grow and keep employees growing by learning more and teaching is okay to fail because you can grow after failure.
- Referrals and why good organizations do not struggle to hire good employees.
- The right way to communicate with employees.
- Success begins with caring for others.
- A true leader leaves things and situations better than how they were before.
- Great leaders teach others how to lead in whatever they do. They are compassionate and know how to love others,
- We can control our emotions by giving ourselves time to feel and acknowledge the feeling before we respond.
- Don’t try to become a leader; get to know yourself and become the best version of who you truly are.
- Learn the benefits of failure to avoid being scared to try new things.
- A great business attracts great employees because people love to work for the company.
- Face to face communication is best for sensitive or really important work conversations.
- People try to become someone else when they should become their best selves.
Perry Maughmer Bio:
I am focused on reinvigorating souls of relentless leaders because great work is never finished. I work best with malcontents and contrarians who strive to overcome their own bullshit in order to achieve meaningful goals.
“I think everybody has the potential within them to be a leader if they so choose it. We have to dedicate the time and the effort along with the energy to doing it.” –Perry Maughmer
Subscribe & Review in iTunes