In this episode Esmie and Roanna discuss:
- Her grandfather Percy Duncan was 80 years old when he set a record in the 100 meters.
- Her grandfather helped many Canadian athletes get athletic scholarships in the States.
- Her grandfather taught her how to be disciplined.
- Roanna talks about her struggles and the lowest point in her life.
- Key Takeaways:
- The benefits of mapping out her life.
- Importance of journaling.
- Pay attention to the things that are going great.
- Focus on the positive.
“I started to map out relationships. How am I going to be a better person in my relationships with my family, in my relationships with my children, and with this partner that I figured I need to have in my life. Nobody necessarily wants to be alone, so it was a turning point for me to map out these areas, and really it was an amazing journey because each day I’d go and write, and I would have, you know, miniature goals for myself each day that all led to my ultimate goal of finding fitness, happiness, fulfilling relationships and a career.” -Roanna Wilson
Contact Esmie: https://esmielawrence.com/
Show notes by Esmie Lawrence
Audio production by Brian Calkins Podcast Mechanic[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/16302668/height/360/theme/standard/thumbnail/no/direction/forward/” width=”100%” height=”360″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”bottom” use_download_link=”” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/sprintingtosuccess/Roanna_Wilson_March_30.mp3″ theme=”standard” custom_color=”” libsyn_item_id=”16302668″ /]